Monday, July 4, 2011

No Independence on Independence Day

It was literally no independence on Independence Day for the Hotelies. The plan was to wake up bright and early, dress in our finest business wear, and convene at Statler Hall at 8:00 to prep for the series of presentations. Sitting in the room for 8 hours, while all our friends were enjoying the beautiful Fourth at Buttermilk Falls could have been excruciating, but instead I learned a lot.

The lineup covered 10 different hotel companies, each of which had two different group presentations, exposing us to varying viewpoints and helping us gin a thorough understanding of each company.

My group, Interstate Hotels & Resorts A was third to present. After all was said and done, we were all so glad to get it over with early. While I definitely took away from the presentation a better idea of the to-dos and what-not-to-dos, the fumbles and jumbles are all in the past. It was great to be able to just breathe again afterwards.

Out of the hot seat, I was able to take some good notes, ask questions, and take in what all the other groups were saying. I have to say that sitting next to Mark in the audience was such a boon for my note-taking ad learning experience in general. His presence somehow helped me stay focused and gave me the confidence to raise my hand to speak out during question time. And I stayed awake (not that any of our class presentations were uninteresting in any way, but a long day of 20 presentations drags on anyone).

That was most of our day. I crashed with Terilyn afterwards, went back to my dorm in an effort to study, but ended up taking long, long nap. I dreamed of fireworks, which uunfortunately I didn't have the chance to see tonight. I hope you all had a great celebration at home.

Happy Birthday, America and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment