Monday, July 4, 2011

It happened.

I was extremely nervous and fidgety right until the presentation started, and then when I actually got up there, I wasn't nervous anymore. I think our group did well. I feel so accomplished! I definitely worked hard on this project and being able to stand in front of 80 people and actually enjoy presenting was very invigorating.

Something I noticed from today's presentations is that everyone did well. It wasn't like in high school, where there are the groups who excel, the groups who completely fail, and the groups who perform okay. Today, there was not one group that didn't score above a B-, and everyone was impressive.

All of the presentations were recorded, so hopefully I can get my hands on a copy and share it here. :)

On another note, today I did laundry for the first time at Cornell! Kelly kept me company while I did laundry in the basement. While I waited, I talked with my family on the phone and when I turned around, Kelly was in one of the machines. Of course, I took a picture:

We didn't have to go to lab hours today, so I folded clothes and reorganized my half of the room. Now I am ready to start anew. The big project is over, my room is extremely orderly, all of my clothes are folded and ready-to-wear, and I am ready for the "real" beginning of my second week at Cornell.

For homework, we read a few pages on the basics of yield management, which is basically controlling how many rooms to sell at specific rates, and who to sell those rooms to, to make the maximum revenue possible. Kelly and I studied outside on the grass for a bit until the insects started to get annoying.

Tomorrow we have a quiz on all of the hotel companies that were presented in class today: Hilton Worldwide, Interstate Hotels and Resorts, Best Western, Marriott International, Host Hotels and Resorts, Wyndham Hotel Group, Choice Hotels, InterContinental Hotels Group, Hyatt, and of course, Starwood Hotels and Resorts.

Before I get to studying some more, I just want to say Happy Fourth to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment