Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I am blogging for the first time from the comforts of my own home, about events that seem to have happened an eternity ago. Today I have left my home of three weeks and friends behind, rode planes for more hours than I can count- especially with time zones changing on me- and arrived home after almost a month of being away.

I want to express my thanks for this wonderful opportunity. Without the ILC, I never would have been enrolled in Freedom and Justice at Cornell, being educated both in political thought and college life at another level, looking ahead to what we WCCUSDers really can achieve when put to the test.

After packing up clothes and tears this morning, I am now getting ready to head off to Mexico, so farewell good ol' blogspot. On the road again I go.

Maybe someday if it I decide on going- and get accepted to- Cornell, I will be in Ithaca once more. But until then, I will always hold a fond place in my heart for the fantastic three weeks I spent there in upstate New York.

Thank you to all the readers who have been keeping up with our privileged journey, I hope you enjoyed reading about it a fraction of the amount I enjoyed partaking in it.

Genevieve Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment