Saturday, July 16, 2011

Back to the Bay

Well, it's all over! I am typing this blog from the comfort of my dining room table at home, as opposed to the discomfort of my dorm room desk, and I could not be happier to be home. The sight of fog and the simple fact that I needed a sweatshirt to walk around was enough to tell me, "Welcome back!". It was so nice to see my family welcome me home at the airport and I was pleasantly surprised to see my little cousin, Jackie, waiting to say hey!

I thought I would be a little more sad to leave Cornell, but I think I've just accepted the fact that my time there was amazing and that it's time to get on home. The friends I made were some of the best people that I've ever met, and the class has given me a great basis for all kinds of moral thought. Cornell Summer College was one of the best experiences of my life, but I am very happy to be home.

Tonight's celebration has included picking up my brother, who is currenty living in San Francisco, going out to eat at Round Table Pizza (one of my personal favorites), and coming home to watch a movie as a family.

It's so nice to be back in my element, and I am just going to be happy to lay down in my own bed. Just the idea, honestly, is making me go crazy so I think I'm going to have to make it a reality very soon here.

Like I said, this trip has been the opportunity of a life-time and I am so glad that I got to experience it. Thank you again ILC for everything that you've done, and I have done my best to represent the WCCUSD.

Thank you readers for your loyal support throughout these times, and I will say, for one last time to you, GOOD NIGHT!

With much appreciation,
-Joe Arciniega

No comments:

Post a Comment