Sunday, July 17, 2011

Waking Up

Today, I woke up at 3:30 AM PDT, expecting to get dressed, walk out of my room into the air-conditioned 5th floor lounge, and wait to leave for breakfast at RPCC.

That is what I expected.

When I opened my door, I remembered where I was, what I had done the past three weeks, and how everything had finally finished.  And now, I was here, at home.

It is an incredibly weird transition to go from having a roommate and best friends down the hall to having parents and a bathroom all to yourself.  But I can't really say I don't like it.  Quite the contrary, it's nice to be back home with my parents and grandparents and all my friends living outside of the building.

The flight home was good, especially the last one (mini-TV screens!), and getting back and eating dinner was rather surreal, though I am very glad to have Chinese food that I enjoy.  Other than that, I am not sure that I can really think about what has been going on, besides the fact that I would like to say "Thank You" to all of us who got us to this point - the ILC, Don, Ms. Kronenberg, Mr. Ramsey, Ms. Neal, the doners, our teachers, and of course, my cohorts as well.

Well actually, there is one way I can sum up the past month.  So let's try that again - Today, I woke up and I felt like I woke up from a four-week long dream.

It's a dream I don't think I would want to wake up from.

No comments:

Post a Comment