Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Beautiful New Home

I have to apologize for the lack of pictures on my blogs lately. Aside from last night's Cooperstown blog, I have really been slacking on the visuals. To make up for it though, I thought that I would go out today and snap a few shots of my beautiful new home. Please enjoy one of the most beautiful campuses in the world: Cornell University.




A view from the bridge I cross to get to class every day.


View from my 6th floor dorm room.

So that's what I get to deal with every day. Everyone told me how amazing the campus was before I got here, but nobody could ever have described it to me in enough detail. This place is absolutely one of the most beautiful places on the planet, and I honestly just feel blessed to be here. Ithaca is one of the most amazing places that I have ever been, and to think that it is home to one of the most prestigious colleges in the world is just unbelievable.

My class here so far has been phenomenal. The lectures are all extremely interesting, which I have to say was much to my surprise, and our discussion groups help us see the varying sides of different arguements. The speakers that come in show us how what we are learning relates to the real world, and our writing sessions help us to form our own opinions about all of the topics that we learn about.

My stay in Ithaca so far has been...I'm trying to think of another word for amazing/phenomenal that I haven't used yet. I suppose there just aren't enough words to describe this place.

I am in the process of writing my second philosophy paper, this one is in regard to Plato's thoughts on democracy, and I have to be done with my first draft by Tuesday. I'll have to put my nose to the grindstone if I want to finish in time, so I am going to have to sign out for the night. Good night readers! Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment