Monday, July 11, 2011

Last Week Of Freedom

A candid shot of a portion of my discussion group, maybe you recognize Nick!

Today we got our mid-terms back. I feel like I could have done better, but just pertaining to my writing. I knew all the material, but could have elaborated on certain points when talking about philosophers and their main points. However, I tried my hardest and am fairly pleased with how I did- it can always be worse. Plus, I went to office hours with my TA and worked with him on my essay so I'm working hard and am hoping for the best on this upcoming final on Friday.

In class, we were lectured on Burke. Due to his flowery prose, he is a bit hard to follow, but a few of his main points I found very interesting. Being a conservative, he discusses liberalism and the differences in how they view democracy. These are alien even more though in accordance with our reading material for the night; Karl Marx.

Tonight I went out for dinner with, as Taylor calls it, "the crew." (Minus Carrie- who's birthday it is tomorrow!) The 9s pizza was delicious, and just added another layer of appeal that Ithaca holds for me. This trip is honestly one I will remember for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment