Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just One More Day of Stress

Well, I finally finished my essay on Plato’s critiques of democracy, and I feel very confident in my writing. Although the essay took up a lot more time than I would have liked, and will probably lead to a much shorter blog than I have been posting to date, I believe I wrote the best paper I possibly could. Today we were lectured more on Marx, and it was interesting to hear his reasons for why the Proletariats should have power over the bourgeoisie through the state, at least until they can abolish the state altogether.


We also had our last writing seminar, which brought about a bit of nostalgia for me at least. I have grown to appreciate all the little quirks that each of my classmates have, and am starting to realize just how much I will miss getting to spend time with people from an entirely different culture. I’m really grateful for this academic as well as cultural experience the ILC has given me.


Anyway, tomorrow will be our last real day of class, covering MLK and Malcolm X, and I’ll need all the sleep I can get to fully prepare for Friday’s final, so I’m off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing a paper you're proud of and on your success with the midterm! Enjoy your last few days at Cornell. I've enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete