Friday, July 15, 2011

Is This It?

It still hasn’t hit me in any form that I’m going to get on a plane tomorrow, leave this awesome place, and go back to my home. It’s a bit weird even calling my house in California home right now, since I’ve been here so long, it feels like I’m about to go to my home away from home, not go from it. These three weeks have been fun and boring, short and long, relaxed and stressful, all seemingly at the same time. It’s hard to explain just how I’m feeling about going home now, mainly because it’s impossible to look at this whole experience objectively, at least at this moment.


Anyway, today I took my final, and I felt good about it. Not great, but good. It was a bit odd hearing the professor telling us we were done and to leave.


Well, off to enjoy my last night of freedom, I’ll probably be able to actually reflect over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you have felt so at home at Cornell. I guess a mom can also sense a new maturity--I was thinking I should straighten up the house to prepare for your return. You know how high I rank housework; can't quite figure out why I would want to make your home more inviting. On second thought, I'll leave the homecoming preparation to the one who can do it best- Rocky. Congratulations, and travel safely. See you at baggage claim tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete