Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Staying on My Feet

I need my REM sleep! The 8-10 hours of nightly sleep we’ve been recommended since day one at the crash course hasn’t been followed through. This morning, I could tell I wasn’t the only. I thankfully missed out on the fire drill nightmare this morning, having risen early with the sun and the rest of the hotelies; I was already safely on my way to the bus stop before the shrill cacophony overtook North Campus.

However, it was after arriving to class that I realized how tired I was. Sure enough, I spent all our ten minute lecture breaks in deep naptime, and I wasn’t the only one. There were people conked out in the lobby, slumped on the couches & chairs outside the lecture room, and lolling over their desks. The Cornell Hotel course had officially caught up with us.

But, the day went on, and there were Excel tricks to learn, spreadsheets to format, and lengthy hours to work endlessly over the report template. What a day! We hotelies have barely any time to recover from one blow of a day before we’re hit with the next one. The deal is to stay on our feet and keep on moving forward. I still don’t want to believe that once these next few days are up, we only have a single week left here. Well, it’s time to put away those feelings and just catch some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment