Friday, July 8, 2011

Kings of the Court

The last weekend at Cornell just started! I slept in again today, straight through my alarm, until 8:07, or 7 minutes after I wanted to go get breakfast. I jumped into the shower, same as yesterday, and before I knew it I was on my way. I ended up being earlier than I normally have been, although I was forced to skip breakfast, which is never a fun thing to do. We still worked on John Stuart Mill’s writings in class today, but shifted from women’s rights to basic liberty. I really enjoyed both the lecture and the discussion after, and after class was over five other students (including Genevieve) and I had lunch with Professor Kramnick. Everyone went around the table introducing themselves, and it was nice to hear just how diverse my fellow students were.


After the lunch, I met up with Ms. Neal to discuss how the district prepared me and what we were learning in class, and we met with her later in the day to discuss a service learning project, where we’ll get to go around to schools explaining just what the ILC can do for students. In between these two meetings, Joe and I got to play in a 2-on-2 basketball tournament of sorts, with a bunch of Long Island kids. I’m proud to say that despite neither one of us playing any form of organized basketball, we went undefeated and won the tourney! We’re heading up to Buttermilk again tomorrow, and I promise I’ll have a lot of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment