Friday, July 1, 2011

It’s Friday

For those of you who are fortunate enough to not have heard the song Friday by Rebecca Black you might not understand my title in short it is a reference to her song.

I don’t know where to begin. Today was a great day all in all. I must start by shouting out my very amazing cohort Genevieve Simmons…HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!! For everyone back home I would like to take a minute to explain what we did for our amazing friend. A birthday wouldn’t be a birthday without a card, so that was the first thing we made. Next we decided we wanted to surprise her but hiding in the laundry room while I called her saying I was dealing with some guy issues; she was so completely scared it was great. Then today at lunch we had the lunch lady (for lack of better terms) bring out a cake and got most of the lunch ‘room’ to sing to her. I think it was a pretty well done birthday.

As for the academic side of my day: Fridays are our short days meaning we have lecture and section. Today our TA Simon was not there because he went off to England to accept an award for an essay he wrote, all of which he failed to tell us because he is amazingly modest person and felt no desire to brag about his accomplishment. Since we were missing our TA; Professor Kramnick took over our class. The way the class was run today in a very different way. Instead of being given a handout, Professor Kramnick proposed a ‘new’ way of democracy. I say ‘new’ because it isn’t truly new; it would only be new to Americans because we think that democracy means we elect our officials rather then have them selected at random. Kramnick suggests that our system promotes a gross system of making decision based on the people who raise money for them. So instead a system based on selection would ‘eliminate money from our economy”. His ideas were shot down by the class because we all agreed that to be in charge of out nation the leader must have some knowledge of worldly issues and domestic ones as well. At the end of class Kramanick stated that he might not truly believe the selection idea but that he had turned us into Platoist at the end of class.

And that was my day. Until Tomorrow, Over and Out blog readers.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool that your prof sat in as your TA! This program is certainly more than I anticipated. I remember college like high school in that some professors are great, others not so much. It sounds like professor K is off the charts great! Miss ya! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete