Sunday, July 10, 2011

Farmer's Market Just For Me

A quick picture from yesterday Ms. Neal snapped of me at Friendly's where I enjoyed the sun and digested a milkshake.

Today was a wonderful day that just embodied my wonderful experiences of Ithaca. I went, along with Taylor, Isabela, and Carrie, to the farmer's market downtown. The array of foods, crafts, and fresh vegetables were astonishing to one even from fruitful California as opposed to a valley in Texas like Isabela. We were all sorry to have eaten breakfast because there were so many types of food, all prepared to a "T" and smelling delicious.

I perused the various stands, admiring all the handiwork of various local artists and craftsmen and women. I bought myself a wrought-iron necklace in the shape of a treble clef. I enjoyed the fresh breeze of the fingerlakes. I ate fresh blueberries. I had the time of my life. I find myself talking like the main character in the psychological thriller I just saw, "The Fight Club." It blew my mind, and I have to commend once more my peers who are enlightening me with movies.

But honestly, I was really in awe of the organization and pure beauty of this farmer's market. Making my way home with regret, I fantasized about attending college here at Cornell and being able to get fresh fruits and vegetables here every weekend. After I got home, I touched up my essay to turn in my second draft, and just relaxed. Now, I'm turning in to begin my third and final week here at Cornell.

I cannot believe how fast it has gone by! As much as I am homesick, these last two weeks have been some of the best times in my life, and I am not looking forward to leaving Cornell and all the friends I have made here.

No comments:

Post a Comment