Thursday, June 23, 2011

Swept Up By a Nor'wester





























For the second day in a row I had to wake up about five hours earlier than I would if I were in any sane universe. We all headed over to Starbucks to keep everyone awake, although that didn’t really seem to help me. We took CTA again and headed over to Northwestern University on the Purple line. We arrived at Northwestern about an hour early, so we were able to spend about an hour on a beach right off of campus

We started our tour at Northwestern at 10:15, and broke off into separate groups so we could all hear all the different tour guides’ perspectives. Luckily for me, I ended up with by far the best tour guide, a Northwestern student name Josh Bay, who will be graduating next year. While I had gone into this tour with absolutely no intention of applying to Northwestern, Josh showed that the school was really supportive once you got in, and I am pleased to say that because of him and Aaron Zdawczyk (who I’ll talk about later) I will be applying to Northwestern a year and a half from now.




After the tour, we went out for lunch and then went back to the hotel to prepare for a dinner with Aaron Zdawczyk, the associate admissions director for Northwestern. We went to Spaggia, a restaurant that was by far the fanciest restaurant I have ever been to. While the food there was incredible beyond belief, the highlight of the dinner was getting to talk to Aaron, who helped explain the college experience as a whole and showed just how Northwestern could help me enjoy that experience. Northwestern was an amazing school, and I hope I can enjoy the University of Chicago tour and dinner as much as I enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment