Thursday, April 28, 2011

My "Birthday Party" at the Hercules Public Library

April 21 2011: my 17th birthday.

My birthday morning was spent at the Hercules Public Library learning all there is know about blogging from the one and only Don Gosney. The tutorial lasted a solid 2 and a half hours and was very enlightening. As a student who has never blogged before, Don’s crash course was extremely necessary.

Genevieve Simmons and I arrived early to assist Don and a few other students in preparing the room for the session. The Library’s white room, Don’s projector, and the dull light of computer screens set the stage for the morning. The session commenced promptly at 10:30 A.M.

Don kicked off the session with a run down of what he would be covering. Topics such as: “Blogging 101”, “Photography”, and “This and That” entertained the morning. With each category came new knowledge for me. As comfortable and confident as I thought I was with computers, Don put my knowledge to shame with his vast knowledge about everything involving the programs of blogging and computers in general. Thankfully, though, he was kind enough to bestow all his wisdom on us eager students, and we soaked it up like sponges.

I am very thankful for Don’s crash course, it gave me the necessary knowledge an helpful tips on how to prefect my blog posts.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Taylor, you can suck up to the boss with the best of them. :-)

    The kind words you wrote about me have inspired me to do even better when the next group meets in the morning for the second session.

    I'm just as guilty as the next person in sometimes thinking that I'm pretty bright and well informed and then I meet someone who puts me in my place by showing that I don't know as much as I thought. As long as we keep an open mind to learning new things then this is a good thing.

    With an open mind we should continue to soak up new things all the way until they start shoveling dirt on our casket at the cemetery. The best of us, though, will continue to soak up new information and experiences even as we transition into the afterlife. (Just remember to take lots of pictures.)

    ReplyDelete