Monday, June 20, 2011

Last Full Day in California


This morning, this is what my suitcase looked like. You see all that free space? That free space is there because I wasn't done packing. Now, thankfully, my suitcase is much more full, but still, there are little items here and there that I have yet to pack. I still have a few hours left- we are leaving El Cerrito High School for the airport at 4:00 AM- but I also want to slip in a few hours of sleep somewhere in there.


Since today is my last full day in California before we head off to Chicago, and also just because I take a lot of walks, I took a short walk around my neighborhood at around 6:30 PM. On this walk, I saw a lone wild turkey walking towards me. Wild turkeys roam around Hercules very often, so this turkey sighting was a bit bittersweet because it was just so, well, Hercules.


It is goodbye for now, but I will be back soon, Hercules. I am excited, but anxious too. All I can say is I am as ready to leave as I will ever be. I've made sure my sister will teach my parents how to use Skype and I plan on writing my friends snail-mail letters while I am at Cornell. I am (almost) done packing everything I will need, and I have spent a great last day here in California. Let's go :).

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos, Teri.

    I'm not sure I've ever seen a bag packed quite like that--it looks so Spartan. There's so much space between the two sides--almost as though you might be concerned they'd contaminate each other if they touched.

    Looking forward to reading more of your blogs once you head east.

    ReplyDelete