Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicago; Two Days Past And Three To Go

Wednesday evening, some cohorts and I attended Northwestern University's information session at El Cerrito high. Though the lure of Chicago had long since faded for me since descriptions of the weather, the presentation smoothed even that rough spot over and was expertly presented.

Northwestern seems like a grand place to go to college. Clubs, dance marathons, sports games, and places to visit galore! The verve with which alumni spoke of it was the best back-up one could get.

Not only did Northwestern have a lot of school spirit, it's academics are highly regarded as well. Their medical program and journalism schools are both highly prestigious, but I was more interested in the Bienen School of Music and SESP- or School of Education and Social Policy. I thought it cool that you could attend Bienen- and whichever other school of your choice- for just five years, but come out with TWO bachelor degrees!

I'm looking forward to seeing the campus with my very own eyes in less than a few days. The countdown begins.

1 comment:

  1. Genevieve,

    I was wondering if you were going to mention that Northwestern also has something going for it academically. I'm glad that part showed up even if it was after the clubbing and other social offerings.

    ReplyDelete